Are you finding it harder to feel "free" in the home of the brave? Are communication techniques causing more issues and concerns than happiness and comfort? It isn't easy to be mindful of what is going on around you while still being positive and focused on a better life. Here are 5 ways to stay mindful and positive during COVID-19 and the Black Lives Matter movement.
According to the dictionary, mindfulness means the quality or state of being conscious or aware of something.
Example:"their mindfulness of the wider cinematic tradition"
- a mental state achieved by focusing one's awareness on the present moment, while calmly acknowledging and accepting one's feelings, thoughts, and bodily sensations, used as a therapeutic technique.
1) Attract your attention to positive things going on, not just the negative. When all you read, hear or see is negative you begin to fell, think and develop negative insight. For example, instead of posting something negative alone, also post how it can be changed helped or modified.
2) Read your body. When certain things happen your body reacts, such as a positive moment, you smile, laugh, etc. In a negative situation you tense, frown or cry. Be mindful of how your body is reacting to situations and change it. You can do something as simple as putting on peaceful music or lighting a candle with aroma therapy.
3) Don't let social media stage your focus. It's okay to comment on post and reflect on moments others share, but if there is something you don't like, don't spend your entire day focusing on it. Try to shift gears by redirecting your focus to something positive.
4) Create a time in the evening when you can reflect on your daily decisions and how they impacted you. Then decide how to make those decisions better for the next day. Did you spend all day worrying about a raise, argument or something that has already happened? If you did choose another way to handle those disappointments and choose not to focus on them the next day.
5) Be aware of others around you. It can be hard to determine if you're spending your time with the right people, but if you're always frustrated or overwhelmed think about the people or situations that make you feel that way. Some people can be draining while others are up lifting. Focus your time with uplifting people.
Subscribe today to receive blog notifications on travel, food, personal growth, and love & relationships!
Please follow me on https://www.instagram.com/stacyjayiers/
Please follow me on https://www.facebook.com/stacy.ayiers.1
Please follow me on https://twitter.com/search?q=stacyjewela