How To Stay Motivated To Complete Goals
A lot of people ask me how do I keep up with all the businesses and personal goals I choose. I currently own a lip gloss beauty line, a venue in Phoenix, AZ where I do event planning, write articles, blogs & more. You see there is no limit to what you can do if you believe. I have decided to a "no limitations" rule. I am not going to be defined by what others think I should do. Your limitations are the only thing holding you back. Starting a new path in your life, committing to goals, or devoting yourself to your life's purpose can be hard. Here are six ways you can stay motivated to complete your career, personal, financial, and family goals.
1) Write down your goals- You can do a vision board which has become more popular in today's society or you can just write them on paper. Both ways are great. I do both. I made a vision board in 2017 hung it in my office and about a week ago realized I completed everything on that board including my 40 birthday trip to Paris. I wrote down my goals on paper and would see them every day in my calendar. When you are able to see what you want to accomplish it makes it permanent. Start off by just making a list of things you want to accomplish. There doesn't have to be a completion date. Just think about things you want to do.
2) Break down ultimate goal into smaller goals- Once you have decided on what you really want to accomplish and you have them written down break down your goals into smaller goals. For example if your goal is to save $10,000 by December 31st calculate what you will need out of every pay check to accomplish that goal. Then start to save it. The large number seems impossible but if it is only $193 a week that seems more obtainable. When you break down your goals they don't seem so overwhelming. If you want to write a book, make yourself commit to writing a chapter a month.
3) Create a mindset - When you tell yourself things you believe them. If you tell yourself you can't do something then you don't. If you tell yourself you can do something then you can. If you don't train your mind then you will always tell yourself something negative. Create a mindset that focuses on positive. Tell yourself you can do it. A lion isn't stronger than an elephant but when a lion see's an elephant it tells itself that is my dinner. When the large elephant see's the lion it thinks I am dinner. So the lion attacks the elephant because its mindset is I can do this. The elephant is scared because its mindset thinks its power isn’t greater than the lion. Create a mindset that will keep you focused and driven.
4) Focus on yourself not others - You can't control what other people think, say or do. The only person you can control is yourself. Don't worry about what others are doing around you. If you have a group of people who decide by March their goals are not as important as they were January 1st don't let that keep you from staying focused. Every year gyms are packed because so many people have the mindset to lose weight and as the year goes on they slack because they let others keep them from going. They don't have their work out partner or someone said they look fine and have always been big they don't need to lose weight. Stay on your own course.
5) Stay determined to succeed- If you write something on your calendar that requires you to meet a goal don't go to bed until it is done. Being determined makes things happen. Sometimes there are hard choices to make. You want to go to the party but you haven't written that chapter you wanted to write for your book. The person who stays home to complete that chapter is going to finish the book. The person who goes to all the parties will just be telling people they want to write a book.
6) Listen to motivational speeches - When you hear the determination, energy and sacrifice others have made to get to where they want to be it makes you hungry for what you want. We don't all have positive people in our lives to give us advice on how to stay motivated. Listen to positive speeches every morning on your way to work or school and you will start to learn what it takes to change your mindset, how to focus and be driven. One of my favorites is Les Brown. He talks about being hungry and never quitting no matter how bad it gets.
Staying motivated can be a hard and daunting task if you don't have the right tools. Use these simple steps to help you create a life that will embrace your energy and allow you to take your life to the next level. Whether you are wanting to create family goals of spending more time together, career goals on changing jobs, personal goals of not gossiping anymore, or financial goals of paying off credit card debt when you write down your goals, then break them down, create the mindset, focus on yourself, stay determined and listen to motivational speeches you will be one of the most successful people you know.
Please follow me on https://www.instagram.com/stacyjayiers/
Please follow me on https://www.facebook.com/stacy.ayiers.1
Please follow me on https://twitter.com/search?q=stacyjewela