Have you ever felt like something was telling you something was going to happen and you didn't listen to it? A few days later you tell yourself, you should've listened to yourself? That is called intuition and it is something of a sixth sense. You're telling yourself to do or not to do something, without having any real evidence of why. I'm not a doctor, scientist, or expert by any means in people's reactions; however, everyone at one point in their lives felt this extraordinary feeling. Intuition is the key to success in your life. Listen to it.
Here are 8 things people ignore when it comes to intuition and regret it later:
1) Relationships: Many people know when someone isn't faithful, by signs, actions, but most importantly intuition and they ignore it until it is slapping them in the face. Let your instincts guide you in the right direction. You don't have to wonder, when you feel something take action on it and just do a little research.
2) Friendships: Something typically happens when a friendship is strained, but most importantly prior to that someone in the friendship has a sense that something is wrong. Don't wait until things go wrong, speak up about your feelings and make things right before it goes wrong.
3) Personal Growth- We want to do better, but we are scared to take that leap of faith. We tend to tell ourselves we need things/jobs/careers we don't and continue to stay stuck. Listen to yourself and take the chances you need to grow and build your life the way you want it.
4) Jobs: If you love your job and know this is the place for you, but you need more money, a shift in hours, etc. don't be afraid to ask for it. Your intuition is right for you to deserve more. This is a job and there are many out there. Stand up for what you believe you deserve.
5) Kids: When you have children you always wonder if they are safe, happy and protected. In today's world more parents have become more like friends than the protector. When you feel something is wrong take the time to speak with your children because your intuition is leading you in the right direction.
6) Danger: When you feel like something isn't right. Trust it. Many times people brush it off as being paranoid or overly parental, but when you feel that you are in the wrong spot- do something about it. Avoid being involved in a dangerous situation. Our intuition kicks in and says "this isn't right". Most of the time it isn't and it is better to be safe than sorry.
7) Speaking up: Many times we feel that if something isn't happening directly to us - we need to mind our business, BUT it is proven when someone speaks up about something going on wrong many others will start to speak up. This situation can be at work, personal life, neighborhood issues, etc. Don't be afraid to listen to that sixth sense telling you to stand up and make things right.
8) Big Purchases: It's okay to feel overwhelmed about buying a house, car, or other big purchases. These are commitments you will have to live with for 5-30 years. If something doesn't feel right then listen. This isn't the same as just feeling anxiety. If something in you tells you the house is not the perfect house for you keep looking, but don't walk in and feel at home and second guess yourself. Listen to your inner self.
These are some of the main reasons people miss out on opportunities, chances and investments because they don't listen to themselves. They seek confirmation from those around them who may not be in the same situations as they are. You can't ask your sister, who has no income, about financial freedom and expect to make perfect decisions. Listen to that inner voice of yours that wants you to succeed, wants the best for you and typically is trying to keep you safe. This is the voice of intuition and it is the key to success. Grow, live, and change the world. Keep growing and inspiring.
Subscribe today to receive blog notifications on travel, food, personal growth, and love & relationships!
Please follow me on https://www.instagram.com/stacyjayiers/
Please follow me on https://www.facebook.com/stacy.ayiers.1
Please follow me on