Not only do I write blogs, but I'm a published author of 4 books as well. During the process of writing blogs & books I've learned there is a big difference. Many can write a blog about how they feel, what they've learned or experienced, but a book has more detail. Here are some of the steps to writing a book you have to consider.
1) Prolouge - This is the introduction of the book that catches a reader. This allows them to get a glimpse of the book without any spoilers. When you write this you want to be extreme enough to grab your audience without giving away all the details.
2) Book Outline- Writing an outline that will allow you to consider what you want to include in each chapter. By doing this you allow yourself to write with a guideline. You won't just be writing with no end in site.
3) Editing- Once your book is completed you will need to edit it. You don't want to publish a book that people will read with errors. This will cause you to seem unprofessional and could cause some to question the knowledge of the writer.
4) Formatting- The interior of your book has to be a certain format based on how many pages and size of your book. Every book format will be different because the book size, spin, and pages will be different.
5) Cover - Creating the perfect cover can be tricky. You want it to relate to your book and grab people's attention. If someone walks by your book in a book store will they pick it up to check it out?
6) Pricing - What will you price your book at? How do you know what is best for your genre, book style, size, etc.
7) Publishing - Who do you go with for publishing your book? Should you pay or can you do it free with the same outcome?
8) Advertising - How will you find your niche market? What is a niche market? Then you will have to determine what sources of advertising will work best for you.
There are a lot of things to consider when publishing your book. I normally don't offer sales or services in my blogs, but I was asked to create a book writing and publishing course to help those that are interested in writing their first book. I want those with the dream of putting their thoughts on paper to feel the same way I did when I published my first book, accomplished, celebrated and inspired.
I have created a free book outline PDF for those interested in learning. Click on the link below, put in your name and email and the PDF will be emailed to you.
Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing- Benjamin Franklin
Subscribe today to receive blog notifications on travel, food, personal growth, and love & relationships!
Please follow me on https://www.instagram.com/stacyjayiers/
Please follow me on https://www.facebook.com/stacy.ayiers.1
Please follow me on https://twitter.com/search?q=stacyjewela